Saturday, December 8, 2012

Crazy week of injuries and business

I know that I normally try to post something new every couple of days and I just want to apologize for missing that self imposed deadline this week. We spent time in Urgent Care for both boys this week, I had the worst migraine of my life and then got a scuzzy throat.

The boys injuries both needed looking at but the migraine and my scuzzy throat had EO help! Not help getting here but help going away. For the migraine I rubbed peppermint on my wrist in addition to ibuprofen. Normally the kind of whopper I got this week would be cause for taking heavy narcotics like percocet for at least two, maybe three days. I was able to get by with percocet on day one and ibuprofen and the peppermint on days two and three. I'm so grateful that I was able to be clearheaded and do the mom kinds of things that drive us all crazy this time of year.

 Tuesday night I was talking with a friend. She and her sisters run Greener Eating a blog dedicated to eating a  plant based diet. I love the recipes that I find there and am constantly finding new foods to eat! She told me that when she starts getting a scratchy throat she gargles and then swallows about 1 oz of water mixed with 1 drop oregano oil and 2 drops lemon. She also told me it would burn and burn it did. However, it was a good burn and my throat felt instantly better. One word of warning on that, if your lips are chapped please take care of that before you gargle with the oils. Your lips will thank you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment