Monday, May 13, 2013

New lip balm variety.

I've posted before about making coconut oil free lip balm with the peppermint and wild orange essential oils. I gave one to each of my sisters, my mom, and my sister-in-law. My sister's boyfriends both wanted to try them, even with the pink girly caps, and all have enjoyed the lip balm. I got a request to make it again so this time I thought in addition to my peppermint/wild orange blend I wanted to try another oil in the lip balm.

Since I have been enjoying the citrus bliss bath bars in my body wash, that was the first oil I turned to. I added about 1/8th tsp to 1 oz each of shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax. I melted it on the stove like before, the difference this time was the use of actual lip balm tubes. I was able to fill 12 .15oz tubes plus 4 of the pink lidded containers that I used last time.

The feedback I got from Mister has been that the amount of beeswax makes it much harder on the lips than last time so that will probably be adjusted in the future, or this time my tube will be carried in my pocket so that my body heat has a chance to soften the balm before application.

What oil would you want to try in lip balm form? Let me know through your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment