Saturday, April 27, 2013

Citrus Bliss Bars into Body Wash

I love, love, love the scent of the Citrus Bliss bars from doTerra.


I'm not a body bar person though so after finding this recipe to convert body bars into body wash, I thought why not try it. I'm pretty comfortable with most homemade solutions so this didn't scare me at all.

First up was grating the soap. I just use a hand cheese grater and wash it really well when I'm done.




 While I was grating the soap I had 6c water in a pot on the stove heating up. As I grated the soap I dumped it into the water. Once all the soap was grated it was just a matter of stirring occasionally until the soap had completely melted and combined with the water. I then poured it into the bottle that I store my body wash in until it's time to refill the small bottle I use in the shower.

I ended up converting 3 bars and got about 7 cups of finished body wash. I'm currently using it in the shower right now and I'm loving it.

Citrus Bliss is one essential oil that I wish I had when my boys were both newborns. I found out that it can help alleviate the common problem of mastitis and other infections due to all the citrus oils in it. I'm actually making lip balm with the citrus bliss in the next couple of days and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm SO doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am newbie when it cames to oils. When you made this soap did you use 3 bars to the 6 cups of water? Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete